Students created local history, culture and ecology audio guides on DropzApp.
Secondary school children were invited to learn about the history, culture and ecology of their locality and then create audio guides around their areas on the free DropzApp platform. Download DropzApp to follow our latest Droppers.
Primary students joined in too. They created history and ecology Dropz for Cruinniú na nÓg.
Your guide to recording and tagging an Audio Tour, Guide or Notice linked to a location on DropzApp.
To start creating your free audio tour, guide or notice on DropzApp all you have to do is go to the location that you want to link the recording to. If you are recording a Drop for your followers then make sure you have created a page first and that that page is selected in the app (once you see your page’s icon on the screen then you are on the right page). Click here to find out how to create a page -> Create a page on DropzApp
1. Open DropzApp on your phone and click on the record icon.
2. The DropzApp recording screen will open. When you are at the right location and ready to record just press the record button and start telling your story.
3. Once your finished recording just press the record button again to stop the recording. Click here for tips on creating Dropz. If your not happy with your first take then either click the x and start again or just click record again and start talking. Your Drop isn’t saved until you save it. See below.
4. Now name your Drop. This helps you find it later in your list of Dropz.
5. Now the important bit! Once you are happy with your recording and with the location it will be tagged to then click the TAG button and that saves your Drop to that location. Our extra tip is to make sure the app goes to the next page when you click the TAG button. Depending on your location this may take a moment.
6. Now you’re done and can go on to your next location.
Searching for #History, #Culture & #Ecology Droppers®
Supported by Cruinniú Na nÓg, DropzApp is holding an exciting and educational competition for ALL Kildare Primary and Secondary schools.
This competition is an opportunity for your students to get active for Cruinniú na nÓg by researching and recording the HISTORY, CULTURE and ECOLOGY of your areas in location based audio guides on DropzApp for the wider community to enjoy.
This competition is an opportunity for your students to get active for Cruinniú na nÓg by researching and documenting, through audio guides on DropzApp, the HISTORY, CULTURE and ECOLOGY of locations in your area.
Then encourage your students to research and create a series of Dropz® for your page.
You can choose the themes, topics and locations within the broad categories of #HISTORY #CULTURE & #ECOLOGY.
Let your students’ imaginations run wild!
All Dropz® must be posted before the 6th June and will be judged for Cruinniú na nÓg on the 12th June. So get started now 🙂
The best school page will receive a €500 prize (€500 for best primary school and €500 for best secondary school)
We also have 20 x €25 book tokens for the best student Droppers®. Please ask your students to sign off their Dropz with their name e.g. This is “Joe Bloggs” for “Springfield School”.
Our judges will assess the winners based on the following three criteria;
1. Number of Dropz created by each school 2. Quality of Dropz content and recording covering #History #Culture #Ecology 3. Your reach – The number of users listening to your school’s Dropz – so get sharing 🙂
To encourage listeners each Drop can be shared through social media or via email links to encourage other students, parents, locals and town visitors to listen to your Dropz® as the walk, cycle or drive by.
HERE ARE SOME EXAMPLES You can go to local historical sites and record Dropz describing their architecture and/or #HISTORY or/and an interesting story #CULTURE. In a park or by a river, canal or lake at specific spots describe the #Ecology of the spot; describe the animals or birds seen here or name the plants and trees.
Time to get creative and start telling your town’s story.